Welcome to Career Development
Leicester Grammar School has a clear commitment to providing Career Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to all its students from Year 7 onwards. LGS holds the Platinum Career Mark Quality Award for its provision of CEIAG.
Employers/HE and other Providers
- You can contact Mr Longson, Head of Careers on 0116 2591900
- Any hard copy information that you send can be held in the main Careers Library in the School
- A bi-annual Careers Fair is held
The information below is for Parents and Students:
Each student through their time at school has access to:
- Independent and impartial guidance
- Help centred around individual needs
- Fully qualified Career Guidance Practitioners and advice from the School Pastoral Team. Booking Guidance Interviews can be done through the Librarians' desk in the Cufflin Library
- A structured, broad, balanced CEIAG programme in Years 7-13 that is integrated into the PSD/General Studies programme within the school
- Information to allow the student to make informed choices and decisions through the Cufflin Library and access to career information websites
Where do I find out what is on offer?
- CEIAG is introduced through the PSD programme whereby students are made fully aware of what is offer
- Careers events including those associated with applying to Higher Education are published in the student homework diaries
2019 Careers Events
At the Medicine & Health Professionals event on Monday 1st April, we are delighted to have stalls covering the following medical careers:
- Medicine including subspecialties in: Cardiology, Oncology, Endocrinology, Ophthalmology and General Practice
Students in Years 10, 11 and 12 who are not attending the talks, but are pursuing science subjects are strongly advised to visit the stalls between 7.30 and 8.30pm.
Year 12 (LVI) Developing career and future study thinking (March & April): Group Guidance sessions with the Head of Careers
Year 12 (LVI) Career Development Skills (Friday 3rd May, during Periods 5 & 6): Developing networking skills
Year 10 Work-related learning:
Three days of inspirational sessions for our Year 10 students in June.
Year 12 (LVI) University Preparation (During Periods 5 & 6)
- Friday 10th May : Studying in Scotland: Dundee University
- Friday 17th May : Transition to university; study skills; budgeting and finance from Nottingham University
- Friday 24th May : Life at university; Nottingham University - student ambassadors
- Friday 14th June: UCAS session - with the Heads of Sixth Form and the Head of Careers
- Friday 21st June: UCAS session, writing the personal statement -with the Heads of Sixth Form and the Head of Careers
- Friday 28th June: University visit day
Interview Preparation - November
- For University Mock Interviews please fill in an interview referral form, which can be found on Sharepoint under Careers.
- For MMIs please see Dr. Fulton.
Degree /Higher/Advanced Apprenticeship Preparation
- 18th November: Introductory session 1pm in the Board Room
- 2nd December: Apprenticeship Workshop 1pm in the Board Room
Careers Convention, Wednesday 25 September 2019
2019 Careers Convention Exhibitors
Keep checking back as we add exhibitors...
Information for LGS Trust Staff:
Please contact Richard Longson for details of CPD opportunities in the Careers area of work.