Friends of LGS
LGS Friends is a group of parents and staff whose primary aim is to support the whole school community through our provision or support of academic, career, pastoral and social events. It’s a welcoming group to which all are welcome and which requires minimal time commitment. Please contact the current Chair, Suze Chomo, if you would like further information.
Meeting Dates 2019-2020
The next meeting will be held on Monday 21st October at 7.00pm in The Yews, Great Glen.
What we do
Over the course of the past year Friends have organised the following:
- Career talks from parents at the Year 10 induction day
- A Cheese and Wine Evening for new parents
- 2 Speed networking sessions for Year 12 using parent and OL volunteers
- A series of exam stress seminars for Year 10
- A quiz and curry night
- The Year 11 Prom
- A Charity dinner “Indian Feast” with entertainment
- New Parent Tea
- T-shirts at the History festival
- Resilience Talk for parents and children of Years 10-13
In previous years we have also put on other events such as fashion shows and wreath. Any suggestions for future events or support are gratefully received. Please email Sam with any thoughts.
Exciting news! Following the recent pupil survey, The Friends of LGS are buying two outdoor table tennis tables as they were number 1 on the list of requests from the pupils. They are due for delivery soon ready for use after the half term break!
This is where we post any useful links to support the events we have hosted.
Please see our Resources page for details.