Aims, Ethos and Values
The Leicester Grammar School Trust seeks to be an inspiring centre for co-educational excellence in academic and personal development, within a Christian ethos.
In order to fulfil this mission, the school aims to:
Promote intellectual curiosity and academic excellence.
Provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum.
Offer a rich range of co-curricular opportunities which enhance pupils' physical, cultural and personal development.
Equip pupils with the self-belief, consideration and skills required for a principled and fulfilling life.
Create a happy and mutually-supportive community of learners and staff, in which each individual is encouraged and enabled to do and be their best.
Care for the mental and emotional well-being of pupils, and be proactive in the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
Welcome pupils of diverse backgrounds and faiths, nurturing their social and spiritual development.
Foster a generous contribution to charity, community service and society.
Our school values are:
- Respect: for self, others and our environment; kindness, courtesy, humility, tolerance, care, encouragement
- Trust: honesty, integrity, responsibility, self-discipline
- Courage: determination, resilience, perseverance, commitment, enthusiasm, self-belief, challenge
- Curiosity: independence, initiative, creativity, spark, self-awareness, scholarship
- Community: equality, service, empathy, compassion, collaboration, inclusiveness, selflessness